Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas Versus Holiday .............. COOKIES........debate


I found these today at the grocery store............in the holiday "mix" there were a stack of them.......I like making "dirt" if they last too long but if they just get eaten thats fine too, but I usually am not the one eating them because I feel this urgent need to brush my teeth , and the mixture of tastes are not to my liking.  

But like I said I found them........ and a truck.......... a truck I can tuck away for a gift for later..... beside a sign that says 75 % off holiday merchandise.......but no orig. price.........

I proceeded to the customer service to request a price check , the truck?  no problem.  the cookies NOT 75% off  but rather $2.00 (not sure orig. price) ..........hmmmm ok.......... the sign says 75% off Christmas & Holiday Merchandise......... do you see where this is going?

"its not christmas merchandise its holiday merchandise"? 

WTH?

thats right

cant I talk to a manager

I am the manager

can I speak with YOUR manager

sure 

Manager #2 enters.......... that was by the sign , we have to honor it and then change it

Manager #1 ........... WHAT?

Manager #1  ...... OK tell the cashier to give you 75% off

Me:   I will just get you to ring it up so you will already know

manager shakes head and nods me to the registers

1 cashier open 2 people in line ........... 4 managers now at customer service discussing how to handle the "cookie problem."

Cashier grabs microphone "cashier assistence please"

all managers proceed to look at each other Manager #1 loses and heads towards cash register.........I am first in line  with item #1 my cookies...........

I nod

Manager #1 grabs cookies and puts them in the bag......... "they're free "

I give her all of my other items including the 40 for the store deal going on right now......... Catalina FAILS to give me my $10 voucher, this is the first time this has occurs........ and I have done it about 4 or 5 times by now........so I say.........um..... can I get you to get my catalina for $10?  .......

She writes it on my CRT......... GIVE HER THE $10 off that the machine failed to print ............basically.......

I think she really likes me? what do you think........  "Merry Christmas" ? 
        
   




No comments: