Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SWEET TEA SOCIAL ......... 10/8/2011 Meeting with some VA BLOGGERS! WHAT FUN

EVERYONE that has been around my "blogs" for some time know that I do some UPCYCLING on my blogs, DIY, CRAFTY projects etc that are FRUGAL AND FUN.........
Examples:  HERE and HERE and HERE and  HERE
BUT when you take a peek at all of the TECHY , CRAFTY And VERY INSPIRING work of my FELLOW BLOGGERS you will be impressed!    I was invited to the "SWEET TEA SOCIAL" with some very talented VA LADIES who are really into it.........




Saturday 10/08/11  I attended "The Sweet Tea Social"  at the Cheesecake Factory!   I was invited by my "blanket friend" Brandee to attend the event that was organized by Alison and Michelle (who btw did a fabulous job).   The event was for Virginia Based Bloggers  (Craft and DIY'ers)  **Brandee and I kinda "cheated" as she calls it because the main focus of our blogs are not crafting**   but the luncheon was a beautiful Success!

http://www.dreamhomediy.com/2011/09/virginia-area-bloggers-sweet-tea-social.html

The girls that I met were just DARLING!   but it was NO SURPRISE to me because just about anything my girl BRANDEE is involved with is!  We had GREAT FOOD, GREAT COMPANY, LOTS OF LAUGHS and SOME GREAT IDEAS!  

Recipe for "sweet tea" inside was a tea glass & Lipton Tea Bags!  how CUTE!

Everything was perfect , the Gift Bags / party favors were adorable and the name tags were too!

Can you see this was a "glass of tea?"  



NOT ONLY WERE THE "FAVORS" CUTE but so were the BLOGGERS!
I have included a link to each of their blogs if you want to visit and a special thank you to the adorable "LINDA" who rocked with her CAMERA that day!  I didn't bring mine as the "cards were full" from the SPIRIT WEEK / HOMECOMING pics that I took for the paper, so I love that she did this and did a SPECTACULAR JOB TOO!



Michelle and Anjie
Becky and Brandee
Kristol, Alison, Jennifer, Michelle and Linda
I didn't go "shopping" with them as they visited the B&M stores, specifically excited to go to the "hobby lobby" LOL and I had a date with my fam. to go see WICKED at the landmark, so I had to get home.  It was a great time with some great ladies, I can't wait until the next one! (hint to michelle!) :)
PHOTOS:  photos "borrowed" with Permission from Linda @ craftaholicsanonymous.net
NOT PICTURED:  CHERYL &  PATTY



2 comments:

Brandee Shafer said...

Love it!

mary me said...

Looks like ya'll had too much fun!! Checked out the blogs too! :-))