Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It Doesn't Hurt to Ask............ :)

Today has been the day of "it doesn't hurt to ask" ...............


I found an expired ECB in my old wallet for $2.99 or $3.99?  can't remember which at the moment.......took it out at the counter yesterday when I stopped to  ROLL OVER the ECB into a REBATE into more "BUYING POWER" in my bank account.  Well I asked the cashier if she could throw it away.  I always get a pit in my stomach when I throw away money and this time was no exception to that rule.   She said, "call 1-800-CVS # to ask them if they could reinstate that for you............... well.................THEY DID! :)  They said they will be on my card for redemption within 24 hours.  They keep a record of the bonus bucks you earn quarterly and if you have redeemed them or not.  WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO


I got a few great opinions today from friends and loved ones....... opinions that I needed to hear......... and also asked about some old wounds that were still open that needed some closure...... it all turned out giving me lots to think about and maybe think about some alternate ways I should handle and speak about things when I am talking to other people.   Not toooooooooooo shabby when you are OLD but continue to learn NEW things! 


TARGET today caught me with my pants down, (not really, I wasn't in Wally World) .......but at the store to buy the last Transformer
for the deal I want to complete and get back before Christmas.   My coupon for $5 off $9.99 was on my cell phone ............that died on me while in the store (sorry Susan)  I was racking up on some really cool clearance items(more on that later) and boom..........it died.  "WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO DO NOW"  my mind started racing.........


Customer Service Desk here I come!  Little young girl at the register, "you ain't seen nothing yet, here comes the QponQuen!"  here's how it went:
Me:  do you have a cell phone charger? 
cute young girl:   no ma'am (? on her face)
Me:   I have a problem.......... I want this transformer, actually I "NEED" this transformer.........
cute young girl:  I can ring it up for you here if you like
Me: thats where the problem comes in , I have mobile coupon for $5 off the toy, you've seen that right?
cute young girl (smiling) : "yes I have seen that , great coupon"
me:  my phone is dead
cute young girl (? on face):  I don't know what to do
me: can you get one on your phone that I can use

cute young girl:   I can't use a phone at work
Me:   can your manager?
cute young girl:  I'll get her
Me:  (to manager) are you a good problem solver?
manager (smiling) "yes of course"
Me:  I have coupon for the transformer
manager :  (smiling) "no problem"
Me:  my phone is dead
manager:  (?) Ok give me the transformer...... (rings up transformer for $5 less)
Me: YES YOU ARE A GOOD PROBLEM SOLVER! 
manager:  never hurts to ask..............can you fill out the survey at the bottom of your rec't? 


OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE............ yes you CAN use your FREE DINNER COUPONS together at the same table, you dont have to sit at the bar............and YES you can have the rest of the ritas in the shaker! :) 



Called back the Credit Card company that called my house........NO THAT WAS NOT ME that tried 3 charges today for $8.40 + $840. (declined) + 620.00 (declined) .......... WTH? glad you caught the thief that compromised the MC system......yea............glad you asked!


IT NEVER HURTS TO ASK...........whats the worst that could happen?

No comments: