Sunday, August 21, 2011

THE END OF THE CHALLENGE..............

A FEW LAST MINUTE CHALLENGE SHOTS............



 today was the last day of the challenge and as the contest is winding down, well, the sales were winding down today too, there was only 1 coupon insert and I didn't even get a staples ad (2nd week in a row? WTH?)  My best score of the day was OFFICE MAX but they messed up and didn't credit me my 20% off they were supposed to off the supplies total, so I have to take that CRT back tomorrow and get some "credit"  :)  the CRT is a mess because I kept writing on it trying to figure out "what went wrong" on the totals, so I had to finagel my savings and I didn't quite spend the entire $10.00 I have a balance, which I wouldn't have if I had another day to take care of things.......... 

OFFICE MAX
has bic fine point 8 for $6............ and I had $1/2 coupons
so that offer totaled  $6 - $4 = $2 out of pocket and 20% savings = 80cents out of pocket total
they rang it up  4 @ 99cent and 4 @ 50cents and forgot to take the 20% so I grabbed 3 pens off the CRT mixing and matching the totals so that I didn't exceed the allotted $10.............. so I ended up donating 5 of the pens........... the pencils were 5cents a box and the notebooks were 1 cent each........ AWSOME

OFFICE DEPOT
I got the "limit" on the goodies..that were 1cents each (3 eraser packs & 3 notebooks) and also got a pack of sharpie highlighters for under 60cents out of the door

STAPLES
oh how I love thee...........once again zebra pens rang up $2.99 ......... $3.99 rebate and I have my trusty 15% off card   1cents notebooks with the purchase of $5....... my total before discount was $4.99 and they took it....... so i ended up spending  .28 not including tax out of pocket after rebate !  AWESOME

its because of these office stores , loss leaders and bts offers that there is NO REASON in the world for a child to be without school supplies.   I met a teacher today who told me that if you are a teacher you could get 25 of the 1cents items at staples ............ instead of the "normal" limit!~   how cool is that!  I hope all of you teachers are having fun stocking up.............. its been fun for me! 

1 comment:

Liz said...

Last year or the year before they gave my sister the higher limit when she told them (truthfully) that she was a SUBSTITUTE teacher! lol