Friday, July 29, 2011

Susan's Aunt's Frittata recipe from my "other" blog $4 serves 4

YUM! Susan's Aunt FRITTATA

ANJIES WORLD 

I had two nice Zuchinni Squash from fellow freelancer, DENISE M and a FREE container of EGG BEATERS from a Walmart Free sample offer,  I was thinking of what I was going to make for dinner and it came to me ............frittata!   I told my friend and fellow freelancer, SUSAN M about it on the phone and told her I needed to look up a recipe, she said I was IN LUCK because her aunt was Italian and had given her a "chicken scratch recipe that was the bomb!"   So I wrote it down:

Melt butter in cast iron pan and add whatever veggies chopped up you want to use and saute.  Add 8 beaten eggs and seasoning and then about 3/4 C. of Cheese , COVER and cook approx. 10 minutes. Uncover and throw under the broiler until set and finished "how you like it."

I went to the fridge and peeled the 2 Zuchinni, and then got all my little leftovers (onions, peppers, 1/2 of a tomato, monz. cheese, parm. cheese)  grabbed my garlic, can of mushrooms, a few leaves of fresh basil, black pepper and some sea salt and I was all set.

I sauteed all the veggies and shook up the carton of egg beaters, I used the entire 8 oz which = 8 eggs.  I followed the directions and chopped up my fresh monz. and topped it off.   I cooked 10 minutes and put under broiler until slightly browned and done, took about 10 minutes for mine.   I served with side of maranara and some cucumbers in Italian dressing.   DELISH!

the only thing I wish I would have done differently is used olive oil to coat the cast iron pan better as the bottom stuck a little but , but was a DEVINE DINNER!  thanks to Susan and her Aunt!

TOTAL COST=  about $4 for the Cheese/Mushrooms............everything else on hand or free  SERVES 4-6

No comments: