Saturday, April 10, 2010

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN ............ TAX TIME

UNCLE SAM................its that time again my only "unwelcome visitor" I wish we all had a flat tax for income, any income over a certain amount..........but who am I and what do I know? would make a lot of sense and cents and you wouldn't have all of this STRESS to worry about during tax time either....... no due dates because there would be no returns........ just make money pay taxes ...........end of story! I have a mountain of paper work and am not very good at doing my own paperwork/books for the multistreams of income that I have .......... I have bits and pieces from lots of sources where the DH just has 2 W2's I have tons and trust me they are not all over $500 either...........some companies don't care if its $20 they are going to spend the time and money to send me another piece of paper to track, take care of, save, record and then STORE for YEARS. Thats just wrong! :)

I love this tax program called TAX ACT. HERE I have now used it for the past 10 years and have the last 5 saved........... and each year I import last years edition so much of the "filling out of forms" is automatic. This eases the pain a little bit.

There is a COST for the DELUXE EDITION which I use because of my home business and FREE EFILING of one return with it, not to mention the "importing feature" which saves me time, but there is a FREE edition that cost you NOTHING , NADA , ZILCH to use as well
its up to you! I use the FREE edition for the people's taxes that I do for them (favors for a few friends with easy taxes) each year, print them out and give them to them to sign and send in.
This year I did 2 people's taxes in January for them , took me about 30 minutes total to complete for them , they were thrilled and so was I.............. my own taxes um, thats a different story, I have procrastinated............. as usual

So here I sit with my piles of paper and have downloaded and imported, now for the DATA entry...........ugh.............I am not cut out for this type of work, but THANK GOD it is automated
and maybe I wont have to pay (crossing fingers and eyes)

No comments: