THANK YOU goes to freelancer, DENISE FOR THIS INFORMATION:
Customer Service - Temporary Work from Home Opportunity
1-800-FLOWERS.COM's customer contact center, recent winner of the global call center of the year award, is currently recruiting agents for its Work from Home Customer Service team. This team provides professional, courteous, responsive and accurate service to our customers from the comfort and convenience of their home office. The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM’s customer contact center handles sales and service calls for several brands including, Cheryl & Company, purveyor of Gourmet Cookies, The Popcorn Factory, Fannie May Chocolates and, of course, floral leader 1-800-FLOWERS.COM.
Sales and Service Specialists serve as the first contact customers have with the company and will be responsible for the effective and efficient handling of customer needs. The Sales and Service Specialists will be completing transactions in real time, working simultaneously with multiple software applications; consistently following up on promises and commitments on a timely basis; appropriately identifying and escalating unresolved issues.
Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident and live in the following states Delaware, Illinois, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Montana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Virginia
- Highly PC literate and have their own PC with a reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Ability to type 35 words per minute is essential
- Prior call center experience strongly preferred
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED to apply
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Fundamental math skills required
- Strong sales skills
- Highly motivated and Dependable
The nature of the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM workload is dependent upon the number of customers that are placing orders. We are seeking individuals who are able to work flexible Full Time schedules.
Rate of Pay
We offer a competitive hourly rate plus a generous bonus paid at the end of the temporary assignment.
Criteria to meet the bonus
- Successfully complete training and maintain employment through the holiday period
- Adhere to the schedule provided during the holiday period
- If assigned to taking Sales calls you will be responsible for adherence to the schedule and maintaining the sales targets.
Hardware, Software, Workstation Specifications: Minimum Requirements
- Internet Connection: Cable or DSL provider (No Wireless or Satellite)
- Minimum up load speed: 500 kbps
- Minimum down load speed: 1.5 mbps
- Computer Hardware:
- 1.8 GHZ Processor (minimum of a Pentium 4 processor or equivalent processor)
- 1GB of RAM
- Sound card with speakers
- 17" Flat Panel Display recommended (capable of 1280 x 1024), 15" minimum
- Dedicated land line telephone service with a corded telephone with headset capability and no features such as call waiting, forwarding, etc. Must be a corded traditional telephone. No cordless, cellular/wireless, or VoIP (e.g., Optimum Voice, Vonage, AT&T, Call Vantage).
- Computer Software:
- Windows XP or Vista Operating system
- Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2 or better.
- Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel WinZip, Adobe Acrobat reader. - Free download available on the Web
- Antivirus Software: Valid software with current and updated virus definitions.
- AIM: Free download available at http://www.aim.com
- A personal email account with a professional user name.
- Office Furniture: A sturdy desk and a comfortable sturdy chair at a comfortable height with adequate back support. (5 legged chair highly recommended)
- Battery Backup: UPS/Battery Power Supply including surge
- Your workstation must be in a private, quiet area away from others in your residence and background noise.
If you meet all of the above qualifications and requirements please click the following link to begin the initial 1-800-FLOWERS.COM screening process.