Saturday, November 8, 2008

BYU...........BLACK FRIDAY ........ caution "R" rated cartoon

natalie dee
nataliedee.com

I am already starting to get emails from people that are either including Black Friday ads in notes to me, sending me the "secret" sales etc....... so I thought this would be the perfect time to address the BLACK FRIDAY THING...........

Anyone that has been a freelancer for a year or more knows that "anjie doesn't do black friday!" EGADS, YIKES, UGH, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yep that is right anjie doesn't even LIKE black friday, much less look forward to it as a day of shopping.........

MY HUMBLE OPINION:
I shop "black friday" prices and discounts ALL YEAR LONG......... why in the world would I want to get up before daylight to "fight" with traffic, parking, cashiers, customers etc and listen to all of the CHAOS to get a deal when I can .............uh..............
stay home in my pj's and listen to the first day of Christmas music and recoup from Thanksgiving?

Now if you are a newbie and haven't been STASHING gifts / freebies/ gdas etc all year long and now just need to fill in the gaps, ABSOLUTELY this MAY be worth it to you, for me.........
nope, I wanna stay home on Black Friday ................. I have GREEN fridays all year long! :)

Some people say they look forward to black friday as a way to get them "motivated or in the mood" for the holidays, for me................ it EXHAUSTS ME! there are many "black friday" sales on the NET as well............. BE CAREFUL some of them APPEAR to be GREAT DEALS but "reality" is , same deals we (as freelancers) get ALL YEAR LONG!

I will write more about this later, you are free to comment, agree or disagree etc....... in the mean time, I would love to read your comments ! :)

5 comments:

#1Tigermom said...

AMEN to staying home on Black Friday! I too will be at home. Maybe doing a little on line shopping, but no lines, no traffic, no crabby sales clerks. I will be home and HAPPY and hopefully done with my Christmas shopping and buying for next years birthdays, wedding, anniversaries etc.

Once again, Thank you for all you do! Your the BEST!

Kellykj said...

I agree with you, Angie. I hate to get up early to stand in line. I'm also a round peg in a square hole at those events...I don't like getting the latest thing just because it is the latest thing...

Kelly

Marilyn said...

Amen Sister! I don't even Christmas shop in the stores anymore, unless it is an item I just can not get on line. When it comes to pushing and shoving, I don't take it too well, so best for me and those around me for Ms.Marilyn to be at home shopping in her favorite spot, the recliner. Hugs Marilyn

Moon Dog Star said...

I start shopping for the year upcomming before the year we in ends. yes I'm that far ahead of myself. I always have been that way & now with flbyu It the worse rash then ever to be ahead of myself or more so every1 else. I refuse to get out on what seems to be the coldest day of the year for us here in the south & fight with the stupid unprepared people of the world only to find out that the items I wanted to buy so badly is NOT available in-stores ONLY online. Well that makes my holiday go to the dogs...not my dogs!!

I shop with list taped to office wall all year long. Stocking stuffer thingies are sweet unexpected finds when I'm out & about!!

I totally agree BLAA BLAA :~ TO BLACK FRIDAYS!!!

Aylin said...

I am a big fan of Black Friday shopping.